Scanner stops on Data ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBill75

Premium Subscriber
I am a newbie here so please forgive if this question was previously posted and answered. I've search the forums for a few hours, read my Uniden BC246T manual (that was a great experience), and even went to The Easy to Read Manual link offered in these forums. So far I am not running across my particular situation. I'd be surprised if I am the only person to ever run into this problem.

Just received my BC246T last night. I have been able to create a new system and enter all the frequencies. But, when I put the BC246T into Scan mode, it stops on what sounds like data. This data has its own ID (18032).

I pushed L/O on this ID and now I don't have any audio at all. At least before, it would drop the data every now and then and I would hear audio.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Hoping to hear from someone.

Thx
Bill

DickH

I am a newbie here so please forgive if this question was previously posted and answered. I've search the forums for a few hours, read my Uniden BC246T manual (that was a great experience), and even went to The Easy to Read Manual link offered in these forums. So far I am not running across my particular situation. I'd be surprised if I am the only person to ever run into this problem.

Just received my BC246T last night. I have been able to create a new system and enter all the frequencies. But, when I put the BC246T into Scan mode, it stops on what sounds like data. This data has its own ID (18032).

I pushed L/O on this ID and now I don't have any audio at all. At least before, it would drop the data every now and then and I would hear audio.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Hoping to hear from someone.

Thx
Bill
We need to know which system (State, county, city) so we can see it in the database and analyze your problem.

MrBill75

Premium Subscriber
Follow-Up

Maryland, Anne Arundel County, Motorola II Trucking

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
This data has its own ID (18032).

Given the information you have provided, it looks like TG 18032 on Anne Arundel County Trunking System would be the sound of Annapolis Police Dispatch operating with P25 Phase I digital voice which requires a digital scanner to decode. The database indicates Analog and Digital using the Mode column in the database. Unfortunately, it looks like you won't be able to hear any law enforcement activity on the system as they are all marked digital.

troymail

Silent Key
Spitfire is correct -- in this area, you really need a digital scanner....

The only thing that is analog in the area these days are Anne Arundel Fire (with a few exceptions), Anne Arundel services like Planning and Zoning, Animal Control, schools/buses, etc. Essentially all police activity in Anne Arundel County is digital. The only other analog in the area is Calvert County (all)... you have to go to Salisbury or farther south to find analog at this point.

There are a few analog state systems still active but not for long...

Status
Not open for further replies.