overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitoringpgh

I used to be able to monitor Pittsburgh police radio, channel by channel. Now I can't. Can someone please help me figure out what i need to buy for this new digital stuff? I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol

captclint

Mentor
I used to be able to monitor Pittsburgh police radio, channel by channel. Now I can't. Can someone please help me figure out what i need to buy for this new digital stuff? I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol
Welcome to RR. I didn't see any obvious indication they changed or went digital. Allegheny County, Pittsburg

Hopefully someone from Pittsburgh will see this. If you don't get an answer in a couple of days, ask here: Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

What scanner and model do you have? Are you receiving other programmed agencies?

Last edited:

Voyager

First, they are still analog, so you should still be able to use the same model you've been using for them.

Knowing the model you have would enable better answers.

br0adband

It might help to specify what you're trying to do, as well: keep using your current scanner or whatever hardware you've been using, or move to something more current and up to date, or potentially beginning to use SDR hardware (computer controlled radio receivers, not quite the same as having a scanner with a PC interface however) and doing your monitoring in that respect.

This whole hobby can be a bit overwhelming to most anyone when they first come to it, but if you've had a physical scanner or receiver and know how it works then it's not too difficult to get a little deeper into things. If, however, you just got a scanner or some other receiver and you really are new to this hobby - I see that was your 1st post here so welcome to RR too - then of course, ask questions and people will help you get rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.