info on BCD996P2 newbie..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I've been big into scanners and stuff for a long time. But I'm not too familiar with this new kind of scanner (APCO25) and all of the programming. I'm from Ontario Canada and know there's lots of steps to programming these kinds of scanner. I was looking to do it myself. I was told about you guys, and was hoping you would be able to help. Someone said that there's a fee I pay and can get access to a data base for when programming it so it would be a matter of clicking and dragging what I want (so I'm told). I'd like to learn this stuff. I like to listen to OPP, EMS and FIRE mainly, but learning I might be able to listen to more. Being a truck driver I'd like to programme areas I truck to, so if anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
trucker, we have a couple of things in our wiki to get you started. (Links are always blue, by the way). The first has links to a pretty comprehensive intro, soup to nuts, into the concept of programming these scanners. At the very bottom are the links to the 'Easier to Read' manuals which are more comprehensive than the ones Uniden supplies...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

This next one is a reference on how to program Fleetnet manually, without the benefit of software. Don't worry if you don't understand everything just yet - just bookmark it for future reference

Programming your Uniden DMA (Dynamic Memory Scanner) scanner for Bell Mobility Radio's Fleetnet system - The RadioReference Wiki

Try to concentrate on getting one trunk and one conventional system working first. Don't try to do many systems at once at the start - that's a good way to get overwhelmed. Once you are comfortable with one, back up the configuration (using your software of choice), then move on to another.

Our Ontario forum is the place to go for specific FleetNet questions. Otherwise, fire away...

Mike

ok I haven't gotten the scanner yet (it's ordered just waiting). But been watching videos. And does SW stand for software if so there's a video I found of a guy from ottawa showing steps on YouTube. As for soft ware what would be good for a guy that's new to this. I have saved those links any help or advice I'll take thanks. I'll take these tips you guys have pointed me so far once it arrives and see how I make out.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As mentioned in the above (read that first linked article completely), FreeScan is freeware, and it's where many people start. You can move onto other software later...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.