city and county upgraded to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomis830

Premium Subscriber
how do I find out what the new Frequency are for the digital upgrade. my City (Bowling Green) and the county (Warren) State (KY) upgraded in July 2015 I keep checking radio reference for any database updates but so far none. my pro 197 I can program if I had the information. I also have a Uniden home patrol one, but their database has not been upgraded. Is there someone I can contact here in Bowling Green that would give me the new Frequency

thank you for your time
Bob

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
If you don't get an answer here you might ask the mods to move this thread over to the Kentucky forum where someone local to your area might see it.

DickH

those are the old 800 frequencies their not the digital feequencies

There is no such thing as a "digital" frequency. ANY freq. can use digital modulation.
That system is all digital. Do you have all the freqs. entered? There is only one control channel shown in the database so they may be using one of the other freqs. for a control channel.
As someone else said, check in the Kentucky forum.

JoeyC

those are the old 800 frequencies their not the digital feequencies

There is no such thing as a digital frequency. The system listed is a digital system. If it is not active, that is a different story, but it appears as if the database is correct as someone updated a talkgroup on it in September of 2015.

nomis830

Premium Subscriber
there may not be digital frequencies but the city of bowling green just spent seven million dollars for new radios to convert to digital. I have used the 800 frequencies for the last five years in a 800 trunk tracker scanner and it no longer works. I have uploaded from computer to digital scanner the same 800 frequencies and it still dont work.

DickH

there may not be digital frequencies but the city of bowling green just spent seven million dollars for new radios to convert to digital. I have used the 800 frequencies for the last five years in a 800 trunk tracker scanner and it no longer works. I have uploaded from computer to digital scanner the same 800 frequencies and it still dont work.

2 points:
1) If your scanner is 5 years old it may not be able to receive digital signals.Which scanner do you have?
2) Put it in manual mode and step through the freqs. to see if your hear the control channel.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I just looked at the Home Patrol database (12/06/2015 update) and the Bowling Green-Warren County digital system is there.

Kentucky>Warren>County Systems>Bowling Green-Warren County Public Safety P25.

The link in #2 is accurate. If you go down to the talkgroups section, you'll note that the Mode says "D", which is digital.

You may wish to confirm that you've set this up as a P25 Standard System. If it was me, I'd use Sentinel to create a new Favorites List, appending the Bowling Green "stuff" from the database section.

fredva

Feed Provider
It sounds to me like you need to make sure you are downloading the latest database updates from RadioReference to your computer. If you are trying to program your scanner with outdated info that tells the scanner that it's still an analog system, that's not going to work.

nomis830

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-197 and a Home Partol 1 both scanners will pick up on City fire dispatch which is on 460.6250 but nothing else works. I have tried homepatrol sentinel but nothing is working both scanners pick up the State Police which is 453.72500. So don't know what I am doing wrong I just looked at radioreference and homepatrol sentinel both are saying is updated and using project 25 phase 1 maybe I am doing something wrong.

WQPW689

I don't know if you're using Favorite's Lists, but why don't you try using location by zip code? It'll import several hundred frequencies depending on what service types you have active (Law Dispatch, Law Talk, etc.) after you hit Accept (how it's done on my HP2, not sure about HP1), but if the frequencies you have on the HP1 are updated it should receive that Phase 1 system.

Also try navigating Manage Favorites List>Select Database to Monitor>Only Full Database. If you wind up getting reception on the frequencies you want you can always go back to building Favorite's Lists.

Again, these menu options are on a HomePatrol2, so they may be slightly different for you.

nomis830

Premium Subscriber
thanks for all the help and information after a hour on the phone with Uniden they are saying the scanner is defective and needs to be repaired because it want write the new database to scanner after trying to write to it three times from the homepratrol sentinel oh well 70.00 is better that 500.00 for a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.