Monroe Union County trunked simulcast ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallace2015

I'm wanting to buy a entry level scanner so I can listen to the Monroe Union County police. I know they have went to the trunk system which means I need a digital trunked scanner. There seems to be a lot of trunking scanners on the market and I'm confused as what to look for. I also noticed that it says simulcast I have no idea what this means. I really want a new scanner what need help . Should I be looking for ANY DIGITAL TRUNKING SCANNER? Thanks, Gary

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
First of all... simulcast means that there are multiple tower sites in the county that broadcast on the same frequencies. That way you don't have to switch to different tower sites depending on where you are in the county.

The BCD436HP/BCD536HP are good scanners and they are easy to program. Just enter your zip code and the scanner will load the channels for your area. Connect the scanner to a computer and update the database in the scanner which is pulled from Radioreference.com each week.

You may also want to check out the Uniden Homepatrol I/II.

I hope this helps!

IcomIcR20

DickH

I'm wanting to buy a entry level scanner so I can listen to the Monroe Union County police. I know they have went to the trunk system which means I need a digital trunked scanner. There seems to be a lot of trunking scanners on the market and I'm confused as what to look for. I also noticed that it says simulcast I have no idea what this means. I really want a new scanner what need help . Should I be looking for ANY DIGITAL TRUNKING SCANNER? Thanks, Gary

According to the RadioReference database, the Union County system is Motorola TRBO and there is no scanner that can monitor that system, - sorry.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Union Co

Actually Union County Sheriff and Monroe PD can be found on the Charlotte UASI Regional P25 system. The Mototrbo system appears to be for county services. I have a Home Patrol 2 and I would recommend getting one of those

N8IAA

Union County is on the statewide VIPER P-25 Phase I system. All of Monroe is included.
You'll need a Phase I capable scanner. I use a Pro-106 when traveling north to WNC. It works great on the VIPER system. Any scanner similar will work, and save you money over the Phase II scanners. My 396XT does not work as well on the VIPER system. I would look at any of the Whistler/RS rebadged GRE scanners.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.