Uniden436hp quick key question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only want to listen to railroad frequencies. I would like to manually add them and assign them a quick key number. Hopefully, then all l have to do is punch in the quick key. Now, all l can do is hit chan, the frequency number and channel. Frustration is an understatement.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Quick Keys are generally used for groups of things. Favorites Lists, Systems, Departments, these things can have a QK assigned to them. I think what you're looking for is Number Tags. For individual channels you can assign each a Number Tag. Then that Number Tag becomes the last part of an "address" for a given channel. So let's say you're holding on a channel in Favorite List #2, you could enter "8.0.1" for example, and then hit the "Channel" button, and the radio will take you straight to Favorite List #8 -> System #0 -> Channel #1.
Of course you first need to have your radio set up with these Favorite Lists, Systems and Departments. These are sort of equivalent to folders on a computer. Just a way to organize your channels into groups that make sense for you. If you haven't yet set up your radio with Favorites Lists, a good resource for learning the radio is Mark's Easier to Read manual:
http://marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Voyager

If you only want to scan one System, forget about Quick Keys. Just make a new FL, then a new Department, then a new Channel, and enter your first frequency, then another new channel and enter the second, etc.

Also disable the Main dB.

Another option would be to DL the Service search FLs on the BCD436HP Yahoo Group and scan only the RR System which has all the frequencies entered already. Just delete the other Systems you don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.