GPS-setup for x36-??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderblue

Have just installed a new GPS a hour or so and the led light says on red, al the time. Have the puck on the roof of car, baud is at 4800. Ask me some questions because I don't have any answers. Thanks.

fenderblue

Well, i figured it out by going to the RR search and finally found out that it is working. I found out that the flashing red led is the the one on the disc/puck that picks up the signal so it should be working. Going for a 100 mile or so trip tomorrow. 2 questions. I assume this works for my favorites lists as well as the full database? #2- what do I do with the location control-yes or no settings on my favorites lists. I have all of them no a the present?

D

darunimal

1. So yes if the Serial GPS PUCK is blinking red (and not Staying ON), it is picking up a signal.
2. The GPS serial puck could be left in the vehicle and even under the dashboard to work (at 4800 baud).
3. Location Control = GPS usage so YES (in Location Control), allows the Serial GPS puck to control Favorite List with Latitude Longitude and Range parameters set correctly, as well as RRDB w location and range to be utilized
4. You will want all involved QUICK KEYs enabled and allow Location Control (via GPS) to control the BCDX36HP(s) whither those are Favorite Quick Key, System Quick Keys or Department/Site Quick Keys

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

D

darunimal

No problem double check "Depatments" because they have "Locations" in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.