Antenna for BCD396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

... I would like to see some concrete suggestions.

To get concrete answers requires concrete questions.
1. What freqs. do you want to cover.
2. What do you mean it doesn't FIT the scanner? Physical fit?

tdenfuny

Premium Subscriber
To get concrete answers requires concrete questions.
1. What freqs. do you want to cover.
2. What do you mean it doesn't FIT the scanner? Physical fit?

Right now I am using the antenna that came with the scanner. I have been told that this isn't a very good overall antenna. Currently I am listening to a bunch of channels in the 140 MHz range and some in the 800 MHz range (P25 I think).

I meant that the antenna doesn't screw onto the radio physically.

DickH

Right now I am using the antenna that came with the scanner. I have been told that this isn't a very good overall antenna. Currently I am listening to a bunch of channels in the 140 MHz range and some in the 800 MHz range (P25 I think).

I meant that the antenna doesn't screw onto the radio physically.

The Amazon antenna is a MALE. Perhaps you need a FEMALE. The manual should tell you.

For 140s and 800 try a straight 13" antenna . That will be resonant at 800MHz and close enough to receive 140MHz. You can get an SMA to BNC adatper and use a BNC antenna. they are much more available than SMAs.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have never heard of ExpertPower, must be some cheap Chinese knockoff. It looks like the base on the ExpertPower antenna may be too thick as I have noticed that with some SMA antennas which is why I prefer the BNC connection.

The Diamond antenna will work and is very popular but will require the BNC adapter included with the scanner, but note that antenna is very long.

Personally I prefer the Comet CH-32 which is only 1.75 inches long and is great if carrying the antenna on the belt or in your pocket.

http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/comet-ch-32-4341.html

Last edited:

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Google this one Remtronix REM-800S Same as the rs 800 but available in sma.

Status
Not open for further replies.