Lyon County MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtfamily

Hi, I am having trouble finding a scanner that will pick up police in Lyon county MN I am not an expert but I have been learning along the way, could someone please tell me what scanner you would recommend for me. I would really appreciate any input

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It appears that Lyone County Minnnesota has migrated to the Minnesota ARMER system. See: Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies

There is also a Minnesota page where a fair amount of discussion has taken place on the various makes and models of scanners used. See: Minnesota Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

Uniden has several models capable of receiving this system and Whistler also has models.

The key thing you are looking for is a scanner capable of receiving digital trunked radio systems.

There is always personal preferences in scanners, just like preferences in motor vehicles (Ford, Chevrolet, etc.) My preference is for Uniden as they have served me well over the years.

If you are a novice at scanners, I'd suggest a Home Patrol 1 or 2. The HP2 is pricier but is capable of the "next generation" of digital trunked systems, should Minnesota head down that path in the future. At this point, the HP1 will suffice. This scanner requires the least amount of user input to get going.

If your "scanner enthusiasm" is a little higher, you might consider the BCD436HP (portable) or BCD536HP (base/mobile). They are similar to the HP1 and HP2 with more features/capabilities available.

Status
Not open for further replies.