DMR ESN Checksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer1952

Premium Subscriber
When asked for my checksum the scanner says SUM=160. I Get an error and can't proceed. My ESN is correct and I am only reporting what the scanner is saying. Please help I would like to preorder the DMR.

Boomer1952

Premium Subscriber
Check sum.

Yes I just entered 160. I just noticed at my scanners the last two digits are left off my serial number is this normal?

Boomer1952

Premium Subscriber
checks

Looks like I am doing everything right I wonder what's going on?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Note carefully whether you are being asked for the "serial number (SN)", or the "electronic serial number (ESN)"... they are different.

To register your scanner at my.uniden.com --> SN (12 digits) can be found on the barcode label on the back of your scanner.

To purchase an upgrade key after registration --> ESN (14 digits) and Checksum (SUM) can be found from your scanner's Menu Button --> Settings --> See Scanner Info --> Firmware Version.

Voyager

Yes I just entered 160. I just noticed at my scanners the last two digits are left off my serial number is this normal?

From your two quotes, you are trying to enter the ESN and the site wants the SN.

As Bud said, "Replace the "260" in your ESN with the letter Z" and that should solve the issue. Also make sure you are entering a zero for the checksum (1-6-zero)

Boomer1952

Premium Subscriber
Checksum

Still no go. I changed my S/N to 375Z********, didn't work. Whether I put it in or not the ESN has 37626 before the entry. How do I change my ESN if it's already started with 37526? Thanks for all your help.

microx

From your two quotes, you are trying to enter the ESN and the site wants the SN.

As Bud said, "Replace the "260" in your ESN with the letter Z" and that should solve the issue. Also make sure you are entering a zero for the checksum (1-6-zero)

Is it possible the checksum might be a '1', a '6' and a capital letter 'O'? Generally when I see checksums, they have letters AND numbers. Mine did, but it wasn't an 'O'.

Then again, if the checksum is a hexadecimal number, any letters would have to be from 'A' to 'F'. Oh well, scratch my suggestion.

Boomer1952

Premium Subscriber
Checksum

The checksum was 16D. The 1952 isn't for nothing. Again Thank You!

Boomer1952

Premium Subscriber
Android

I have my android tablet and my DMR key ready. I have a feeling they are coming soon. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.