Total Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hey there, I hope this isn't too redundant, however I have a few questions that I would like to receive help on.

Situation: I have 2 Moto xts2500s BN in ufh freqs (400 MGhz) I bought off a friend. I am using Astro 25 CPS 16.01 and the radios I bought are on the 8.50 firmware. I have a key fail on start up on radios. I don't have an MOL account. I don't have any system keys or flashports. Every time I try to write FFP on the radio it doesn't show up on the menu.

What I am asking what I should do first. Should I update my firmware and CPS? Can I keep them at the current firmware and be able to trunk? And is the Astro 25 CPS all I need or am I missing something? I tried to research as much as I can before asking, but it seems like I keep going in circles and kinda confused on this whole process. Thanks for looking, any help is welcomed to an open mind. My endstate is to be able to monitor my local FD & PD.

SCPD

QRT
I also live in Brevard County Florida. But I feel I have a lot to do before even thinking about try to trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.