attaching images

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAbirdman

it seems that if you post an image to a certain thread and then x time goes by and you want to post that same image in a different thread you get an error stating that you used that image before. That's ok but how can I use that image again?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
it seems that if you post an image to a certain thread and then x time goes by and you want to post that same image in a different thread you get an error stating that you used that image before. That's ok but how can I use that image again?

Use an external host like PhotoBucket.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
How about simply posting a link to the thread where the image is? Seems simple enough...Mike

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
So once you downloaded an image theres no way to use it again???

No, you put that pic on photo bucket and then you use the BBcode to place the pick any message you want. The BBcode reference is where the pic is stored and you can use it as many times as you want as many different posts as you want.

rbm

Upload your image to photobucket (or similar site)
Then, hover your mouse pointer over the upper left corner of the image and select 'SHARE'

Click on the 'IMG thumb' url it will say 'COPIED'.
Then just paste it into your forum post.

Rich

The result is the thumbnail below.

Attachments

• Photobucket_Share.jpg
    Photobucket_Share.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 167

TAbirdman

ok, thanks. So I guess the "one and done" image import is a forum limitation then.

rbm

The other problem you'll have with posting images instead of links to images:

There is a limit to how much storage your files can use.
Eventually, you'll reach that limit and cannot post another image without deleting older files.

That's not a good thing for others searching through older threads for information.

In my post above, the thumbnail is a link and doesn't reduce the amount of storage available for more images.
The bigger image does, and some day I may have to delete it to free up space so I can add another image in a new thread.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.