Better Whip Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arturobandini

I have a Pro-651. Is there an aftermarket whip antenna that is better than the one that came with the unit?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a Pro-651. Is there an aftermarket whip antenna that is better than the one that came with the unit?
Well yeah, but for what bands? What do you want to listen to? More info might help. 73, n9zas

RadioTowerMaster

Banned
The much touted & very popular Diamond RH77CA is an excellent all band portable antenna that even I recommend & I detest Diamond Antenna products especially the base station ones who's manufacturing specs reek of snake oil, if your listening is band specific then seek an antenna that covers that particular chunk of spectrum, most of my portables are commercial grade with the matching antenna already on it, you can go that route & acquire an antenna from any Land Mobile radio or Amateur radio distributor, just make sure the antenna utilizes a male BNC connector. Enjoy your weekend.

gewecke

Banned
The much touted & very popular Diamond RH77CA is an excellent all band portable antenna that even I recommend & I detest Diamond Antenna products especially the base station ones who's manufacturing specs reek of snake oil, if your listening is band specific then seek an antenna that covers that particular chunk of spectrum, most of my portables are commercial grade with the matching antenna already on it, you can go that route & acquire an antenna from any Land Mobile radio or Amateur radio distributor, just make sure the antenna utilizes a male BNC connector. Enjoy your weekend.
. I have a Diamond X50 A which I'm quite happy with, no snake oil at all .:). 73, n9zas

arturobandini

Thank you. I've ordered the Radio Shack 800MHz and will try that. My sites aren't far but, at times, starting about two weeks ago, stuff I've monitored without problem for a while is now hard to receive. I've posted in the forum for my area asking if there has been some change but no responses yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.