Mike beep on Yaesu FT 8800 R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shank42

Mike on 8800 beeps on transmit. Anyone know how to turn off Mike beep. I tried turning off keyboard beep, no luck

AA4TX

Push the lower left volume knob once to turn of the "Wires" function. Then look in the manual for information on the "Wires" function.

cmdrwill

That dammed 'WIRES' beep. Trouble is WIRES can not be disabled permanently, always comes back on.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
For those that don't or haven't RTFM, this feature is all explained on page 50 of the manual-Internet Connection Feature. If someone hears this tone and doesn't know how to turn it off, or hasn't had a chance to RTFM, when you press the mic, wait for a count of 2 before saying anything. If the INT function is ON, the first couple of seconds of your voice will not be transmitted. I have used FT8900 mobile and base for 15 years without any problems. However, I did RTFM and tested out the INT function on simplex so I knew how to turn it off if it accidentally got turned on.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have Wires on my Vx6 and its turned off/on with one button. It stays off with no problem. 73, n9zas

SCPD

QRT
When all else fails, read the manual!! It does help for more than for making a desk level LOL!!

AA4TX

All other comments notwithstanding, it is difficult to relate what the OP experienced to the “Wires” function. That is why I told him how to fix the issue, and then referred him to the appropriate location in the manual.

If you search for the symptom (a “Beep”) in the manual, you will not be led to the “Wires” section, but either to the ARTS section, or the keyboard beep section, just as the OP mentioned. Unless you recognized that the "beep" was a DTMF tone, it would be very difficult to relate the two. I had someone kind enough years ago to point me in the right direction, when the “WIRES” function was first implemented. I was appreciative of the way he led me to the solution, without a single judgmental comment.

Shank42

Yaesu FT 8800. Mike beep

Thanks everyone for reply on Mike beep. I followed AA4TX suggestion and went to left volume control. It fixed the problem. The beep problem had been on and off , it would just start beeping on it's on. After finding that the left volume control turned the Internet Connection, I saw how easy it was to push control while moving. Thanks again for helping correct a very annoying beep........
Shank
W4KU

SCPD

QRT
Glad to hear you got it resolved. And sorry for making a joke about the manual. Most people don't read them. That is why I said what I did. Just a joke. Some people get their knickers in a wad over things that if read and taken literally, they always think it's an insult. Just glad your issue is resolved. Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.