Upgraded to Whistler TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzedkanuk

Hello all, first post. I have been using a scanner for the past 3 years to monitor local fire/ems as I am a volunteer. I was using a Uniden BC355C on a rooftop external antenna and also a BC75 hand held to listen to local analog chanels. I needed to upgrage to get local digital DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) and also Project 25 Phase I.

Here are the links for my area.

Essex County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Project 25 Phase I
Windsor Public Safety Trunking System, Windsor, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies for fire only

DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO)
FleetConnect (158) Trunking System, Multiple Locations, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies for fire only in the Essex County Talkgroup

I received the Whistler TRX-2 and updated firmware and ezscan software and database. I than used ezscan to import conventional, Project 25 and Motorola Connect Plus.

I am a little disappointed by my first results and I know a large part of it is my lack on knowledge. First the conventional channels have a lot of background hiss or static making the voice faint or unable to understand. Where on my 355C the where quite clear. I have attached a picture of the info. (OPP.jpg)

I am unable to attach my ezscan data as it exceeds website limit by a few kb so will add screen shots.

Project 25 Phase I
See attached pics.
Audio is sometimes clear, sometimes robotic and sometimes skips. I know it is simulcast but it says 1 location.

DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO)
See attched pics.
Audio is not bad a little robotic. Do I need as may sites as I have or can I choose just the closest to me as this radio is stationary and still receive all talk groups in Essex County.

Thought this would be better in this forum than the Whistler forum. Any help is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• OPP.jpg
    OPP.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 337
  • Project 25 site details.jpg
    Project 25 site details.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 419
  • Project 25 talk groups.jpg
    Project 25 talk groups.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 381
  • DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) site details.jpg
    DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) site details.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 398
  • DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) talk groups.jpg
    DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) talk groups.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 336

DPD1

Sorry you haven't gotten any answers. I won't be much help, because I have never touched this radio. However... If it's stationary, you should only need the one site that comes in best. When you say conventional, I assume you mean analog... On analog, if you're using the same antenna and receiving from the same spot, then those should sound about the same as your other radio. I could see where there might be a couple frequencies that aren't quite as good, because one radio happens to pick up some kind of interference more than the other... But that should not be happening on everything in general. If everything is the same between the radios, but one has significantly worse performance across the board... then you might want to have them check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.