New Memeber

Status
Not open for further replies.

dboi9090

Hi. My name is Richard. I am a new member and would like some assistance in picking up a radio scanner. I am not well versed in programming or anything of that nature. The only experience I have is with my very old Uniden Bearcat XLT. That was many moons ago.

Richard

QDP2012

Hi. My name is Richard. I am a new member and would like some assistance in picking up a radio scanner. I am not well versed in programming or anything of that nature. The only experience I have is with my very old Uniden Bearcat XLT. That was many moons ago.

Richard

Welcome to RadioReference dboi9090/richard,
  • Before anyone can fairly recommend a particular scanner, we need to know more about what you want to monitor. As you might have already discovered, there are many different transmission-technologies used now.

Please click on the "Databases" option in the "Big Blue Menu Bar" and navigate through the Frequency Database, until you can list the names of all of the entities/systems that you want to monitor.

Then, post that list here, in this thread. Other RR members who are more familiar with those systems and who know which scanner model(s) can monitor them, can give you some useful suggestions.

• Also, (in case you have not already seen it), if you are looking for something to read to help get you started in learning about the current technologies, you might want to navigate to the Radio Reference Wiki Home page, and notice the "Links for Newcomers" listed in the blue-ish box in the upper-right corner of the page. Those links can help as a starting point. Feel free to ask questions here.

There are many very knowledgeable people in these forums who are willing to help answer specific questions.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.