new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

maples

I have to go to a p25 phase two scanner. I believe that is what mswin is as the whole state of Miss. seems to be going to it. My current scanner will pick it up but it just barely does and I have to keep the volume wide open. Has anyone used the uniden bcd996p2 phase 2???. This is a lot of money to shell out and would like some input from others who may us this scanner. I am in Lafayette co. Mississippi. Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I have the Uniden 996P2, my personal opinion in my area IL-700/800 Digital Starcom System is decodes better than my 996xt...Very good volume and easy programming.....Bought it at the "The Ham Station in Indiana, great people to do business with.....

maples

I went with the bc536hp as it seems to cover most, if not all, of what I need. Here in Lafayette Co., they seem to be in the middle of changing over to mswin and the patch they are using causes their modulation to be very, very weak. At least at my location. Thanks for the info.

kf5bti

I'm in Desoto County which is swapping over to MSWIN and recently purchased a 996P2. Really happy with the purchase but was a little disappointed most of the mobiles on the county and 1 city that have swapped are running encryption. Not that familiar with your area but I did hear something about OPD and encryption on the MSWIN forum.

N8IAA

I have to go to a p25 phase two scanner. I believe that is what mswin is as the whole state of Miss. seems to be going to it. My current scanner will pick it up but it just barely does and I have to keep the volume wide open. Has anyone used the uniden bcd996p2 phase 2???. This is a lot of money to shell out and would like some input from others who may us this scanner. I am in Lafayette co. Mississippi. Thanks

This is one of those times when posting in the correct forum, Mississippi state forum, would get better answers. Looking at the database would also give you an idea whats what in you county on the statewide system.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.