BCD536HP WiFi listening from anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1RIN

Hi,

I just read on marksscanners.com that "The BCD536HP will have a Wi-Fi dongle and a companion Siren App that allows connectivity to your smart phone or tablet from anywhere in your house, your car, or the world".

I have mine up and running, but my range is limited to that of my router's WiFi signal.
Is it actually possible to listen to my scanner on my smartphone from anywhere?

Thanks,
Scott

N1RIN

OK that's kind of what I thought. I just wanted to be sure there wasn't some cool feature I was overlooking.

Thanks!

I

ilken

UNIDEN Support <noreply@uniden.com>
Nov 9 (3 days ago)

to me

Images are not displayed. Display images below - Always display images from noreply@uniden.com
Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

The scanner can be controlled by an Android or iOS device using the Uniden Siren App found on the google/iTunes stores respectively. If you need to view it from a remote location, you would need to create a VPN for the system using a computer attached to the network We would not be able to assist you in setting up the VPN, but there is a good guide on the RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference forums.

The range for the scanner is based off of the transmission location. If a tower for a larger trunked or statewide system is in range, it may pick that tower up, even if it is just repeating a far-away frequency. If you are getting under 30 miles in range I would consider environmental issues, avoids, service types, deactivated lists, or not searching with scan. Metal walls, rock formations (especially containing ferrous metals), and being surrounded by structures can affect scan range. Depending on your area, you may need a larger antenna (available for purchase on Police Scanners, Radios, Programming, Accessories | Scannermaster.com.)

If you wish to return the unit, please review our return policy located on our website www.uniden.com and follow the procedures it describes. If you have additional questions please contact me back at escan@uniden.com. If you put attn: Josh in the subject line, I will receive it directly.

Thank you for Choosing Uniden,
&#12288;
&#12288;
Josh
Uniden Tech Support

WHERE IS THAT GOOD GUIDE AT FOR SETTING UP A VPN????

NEED ONE FOR LINUX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.