antenna tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondi1

hi everyone i am waiting on Yaesu Original FT-7900R Amateur Radio Dual-Band 144/440 MHz Transceiver 50/45 Watts to arrive. my question is what kind of antenna tuner.or swr meter would you recommend this is all new to me and the amount of products is amazing i am mounting the antenna on my roof with magnetic base , its a mobile home with tin roof i was told it would work thanks for any help73

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
No antenna tuner necessary or useful for a 144/440 mhz radio!

Whatever SWR bridge you decide on, just make sure it covers to 450 mhz! Its not absolutely necessary you buy a SWR device...borrow one from someone while you install and tweak your antenna system...you'll know if you SWR goes out of whack by the reactions of the radio

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
The SWR bridge is the same as an SWR meter. If you know another local ham, or have made it to a local club meeting, you will find someone with a SWR meter that should be able to help you with the antenna install and tweaking....

https://www.dxengineering.com/search/part-type/swr-wattmeters?SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Default

Here's a couple of dozen SWR meters for you to look at...but really no need for one of the expensive ones. As long as it covers 144 and 440 mhz you are good.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Hum, assuming he is a ham or going to use it on the ham bands, I would have thought that this would have been covered in learning about ham radio and writing the test. It has been awhile since I took courses in ham radio, but I would have thought this would have been covered. If he is interested in purchasing a SWR meter, he can look at the reviews on eham.net. A good working SWR meter should be compulsory in setting up a ham radio station, whether above HF or for HF.

dondi1

meter

nope do not remember it in the ham radio exam for tech. but then again at 74 i don't have a good memory any longer lol thanks all 73

Status
Not open for further replies.