How do I get the local police talking channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkebel

i got a uniden BCD996P2. i hve some channels programmed in that someone did for me, but I have since moved to a different area for a few months, so i was wondering how do i get the local police and fire ect, in this area, without having to program the frequencies in for the local police ect. You can email me at tpkebel@gmail.com to respond, or however you can respond. Very urgent. I cant get any stations here yet. Thank You

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
timkebel-

Each area has its own frequencies that you will need to program in. You can get that information from the database here on the site. If you need help just ask.

timkebel

How do I program the local frequency in? I have the BCD996P2 Uniden. I don't know how to program the frequency in so I can hear it. Please help, thank you

How do I program the local frequency in? I have the BCD996P2 Uniden. I don't know how to program the frequency in so I can hear it. Please help, thank you.

Also Does anyone know what glen carbon illinois and Edwardsville illinois police department frequency is.

i have the BCD996P2 Uniden scanner, it has phase 1 and phase 2 APCO P25, So do I program this by hand to put in the Starcom 21 frequency? and is it one frequency or many frequency?

Last edited by a moderator:

timkebel

Ok Bravo 14, I did download the link you sent. ?//i am having a hell of a time.

When i tried to enter in the new channel by longitude and laditude it asks for a 00 for degree, then some numbers, then . (period) then 2 more numbers, then north/west/south ect, and same for long and laditude. then it asks for mile range which i had.

But when i look under starcom21 for illinois state police for District 11 Collinsville, it shows me like 12 numbers or so, 2 numbers then a point then about 8-10 more numbers, it does not give me a "Degree" like 35 degrees or whatever i need first, and i dont know how to program by unique id for each police force.

Please help tpkebel@gmail.com

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Timkebel. You can download the zip file I made a sample on the starcim21 system. If you down load that you can open the file in freescan to view what I did.

SCPD

QRT

timkebel

not working

i downloaded the free scan app. an the file you sent me, it said it was not regonized. So i could not put it up, any other suggestions? i just want to be able to program the starcom 21 for madison county, illinois in my system. i cant figure it out,

It asks for longitude and laditude and degrees and all that, but it dont have enough room to type all those number sin the scanner. Please help.

Thanks

timkebel

update

Ok Bravo 14, I did download the link you sent. ?//i am having a hell of a time.

When i tried to enter in the new channel by longitude and laditude it asks for a 00 for degree, then some numbers, then . (period) then 2 more numbers, then north/west/south ect, and same for long and laditude. then it asks for mile range which i had.

But when i look under starcom21 for illinois state police for District 11 Collinsville, it shows me like 12 numbers or so, 2 numbers then a point then about 8-10 more numbers, it does not give me a "Degree" like 35 degrees or whatever i need first, and i dont know how to program by unique id for each police force.

Please help tpkebel@gmail.com

Ok, so i am not using for gps. i do have a gps thing, but i dont have a cigg lighter to plug it into, it is plugged into the wall. But i cant see how to program the starcom 21 either, can someone please type down the steps for each things in order so i can down load it. i do have the UNIQUE ID's for the towns i want in the starcom 21.

Please Help

timkebel

Misspelled download

If you download the freescan its free and I can make a sample file you can see how I did it.

download link Downloads - Sixspot Software

When I tired to down load the zip file that was going to show me how to program in the starcom 21, on the long file name where the work starcom21 is and "setup" is there is a space in between there, it is not all together as in one file name. i am not sure if it can have a space there or not, but i dont kwow how to read send it to me without the space in the file name. I just know that the Winzip says it cannot read the "header" of the file you sent me. i even tried to open it in freescanner, but it wouldnt work. it couldnt read file name.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.