Licence Conditions & Power Limits/Out-of-Band Emissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogidubnuss

Morning all,

I'm very new to the Amateur Radio world and was hoping for some advice/education on various licence conditions etc. that have been put in place here in the UK by Ofcom. This isn't strictly about operating in a certain frequency range; I'm just trying to get my head around power ratios and bandwidths in general!

For example, I was reading an Ofcom document a few days ago (I think it was to do with 4G mobile phone signals) and the document mentioned something about a power limit of "-50dBm/8MHz channel..." regarding the roll of for a Block Edge Mask? Does this mean for every 8MHz of bandwidth, you are limited to a maximum output power of -50dBm? So for a 16MHz channel, this would be -100dBm? (-50dBm + -50dBm = -100dBm). Is this correct..?

Also, the document mentioned something about needing to meet an unwanted emissions mask for a 10MHz channel at -65dBm/MHz but I have no idea what this means! Additionally, the document referred to a power limit of -56dBm//m2/5MHz (per metre squared??) but again I have no idea what this means haha!

Any help at all that will aide my understanding better regarding the above will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.