Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyme321

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I am also in Onondaga, NY. I just got my BCD996P2 scanner from scannermaster.com. I had them program it and I'm having a couple of issues I could use some help with. I don't seem to be picking up Syracuse PD or Onondaga County Sherriff. I've noticed that as it scans System #4 never flashes so I'm assuming that system isn't being scanned. I can't figure out how to correct this. I'm hoping that will solve my problem

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
Just so happens I'm also in Onondaga County, onlyme. And I've been using the 996P2 for a few months now. What are you using to program your scanner? On the chance you're using FreeScan, you can try plugging in my profile and see how that works for you. It sees a fair amount of traffic, and although I have adjacent counties programmed, I don't get great reception to the west and south of here. I get plenty of Oneida and Madison traffic however.

Feel free to modify the profile for your needs, and let me know if you find any other channels out there. Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• BCD996P2 12-29-2016_Exp1a.zip
    23 KB · Views: 26

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This can be caused by not having allocated a quick key for the system. I'm going to assume you are talking about the Onondaga trunk, so you would need a quick key set at the site level for it (since trunking with this radio is done at the site level).

Did you lock it out? It would show up with an asterisk in the display in the position set for that system...Mike

Barney6

Premium Subscriber
The OP did not mention if he had site# 1 programmed in. He may have spotty reception with site# 4. Try programming site# 1 and see if that would help. Just my 2 cents. Chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.