Need Some Help!! Newbie Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimchiman2004

Hi yall.
I got into scanning about two years ago on my iphone (5-0 App), and became fascinated about scanning.
Long story short, I bought myself a Home Patrol-1 Uniden, and tried to scan some local agencies, but
it is not scanning much at all, which really frustrated me. I tried to learn some stuff by myself, but it seems like
scanning is very complicated and much to learn.

If anyone can teach me and maybe help to me get a scanner that I can scan around where I live, I am willing
to pay to certain about of money. I am really looking for some help, and if you are serious and willing to teach me and find me a good scanner, private message me.
By the way, I live in Western KY Paducah area.
Thank yall.
God bless.

rwier

With the HP-1, I recommend starting out with three concepts (keeping it simple).

1) Download and install the free Sentinel Software for the HP-1.

2) In Sentinel, "APPEND, APPEND, APPEND" to FL/s you create.

3) In Sentinel, 'Edit FLs" (Gold Star with Little Pencil icon)

The above is assuming you have the ability to properly "connect" your computer to the scanner, and to upload/download data from the computer to the scanner.

If you run into snags, the more detail you can give about your problem, the better chance readers will have of helping you. I would be surprised if anyone here wants to take your money, lol.

Last edited:

paulmohr

Maybe if you give us a more specific location it would help. "Near" Paducah doesn't tell us much other than you live in mckracken county. How close do you live to paducah and what are you trying to listen too. I took a real quick look and one of the systems only has a 10 mile range, so if you live farther than that from the tower chances are you won't get that system.

Maybe ask in the Kentucky region forums as well, and someone from your actual area can help you since they better understand what is in your area and what it takes to hear them.

And I highly doubt anyone is going to charge you for helping out. Maybe if someone lives in your area they might charge you to program your scanner for you.

Good luck, I hope you figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.