Need help with a trunk channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

neffam3

I am scanning on a Uniden BCT15X scanner in Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon.

I am having a hard time finding the right people on my scanner. The Newberg site on the website has 5 frequencies, I have them all programmed. Sometimes I pick up people from Washington County, and even Multnomah County (who I don't want on this site), but rarely do I get the right ones from Newberg. I can only seem to pick up police in Newberg, and not all of their transmissions either, and never any fire. I know this because there is a user, ORE007, who runs the Broadcastify stations for both Newberg-Dundee Police and Fire. They pick up transmissions that I don't get, and I pick up transmissions that they don't get. I guess it's just kind of disappointing, and I know I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what. Any insight appreciated.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Your scanner will not receive digital trunked systems. You need a new scanner.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Yamhill County police and fire are on this P25 Phase II system, and other agencies are migrating from analog frequencies to this system:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8010

You will need a scanner capable of receiving P25 Phase II digital, such as the Uniden Home Patrol 2, 436HP, or 536HP.

neffam3

Aw darn, that's kind of a shame. I read somewhere else after posting that the Washington County analog trunked system picks up Newberg better, amd I did get proper traffic, but if they're moving over to this P25 stuff then that's gonna be unfortunate. I didn't even notice the Oregon Radio Project when doing my research. I really appreciate you telling me and giving feedback though, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.