A Newbie Saying Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott860

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

I'm Scott and I live in Coos Bay, Oregon. Coos Bay is a small city on the coast of Oregon, about four hours south of Portland...two hours southwest of Eugene. I'm a long time shortwave listener and AM DXer, and am starting to work towards my ham license. I'm also a scanner enthusiast and recently upgraded to my new Uniden BC365CRS. I have an external antenna on the way and hope to increase my receiving distance. I'm a former police officer, so I'm very comfortable with police communications, etc. Just signed up for RadioReference and wanted to say hello. This seems like an amazing place for all things radio related.
Happy scanning to all!

Scott

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference, and the forum, Scott! This site is a terrific resource for those of us in the monitoring hobby. As a former police officer, your insight and experience will allow you to offer a unique perspective on Public Safety monitoring.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the world of scanning Scott860. Getting an outside antenna will definitely increase the amount of communications you'll hear so that is definitely a good move. Use a good quality coax for a feedline, I use RG/6 line and it works well.

And thank you for your service as a former police officer. Have fun scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.