hello to everyone im new to this hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookjames35

I currently reside in casey co ky and recently purchased the uniden 436hp handheld scanner I got the senential software loaded on my computer I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how to program this scanner I have read the manual but it makes no sense to me just wondering if someone around the Kentucky area could throw me a few pointers on how to get started thank u

troymail

Silent Key
Play and Experiment!

I currently reside in casey co ky and recently purchased the uniden 436hp handheld scanner I got the senential software loaded on my computer I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how to program this scanner I have read the manual but it makes no sense to me just wondering if someone around the Kentucky area could throw me a few pointers on how to get started thank u

Best to read up and watch some YouTube videos and then "play"... The more you play, the more you learn... this will lead to much better results than trying to get someone else to do it for you.

Most folks "learn through doing".

Google search returns lots of things.

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

N9RMA

I have the 536 and agree with troy mail. Utube is your friend. Are you doing the p25 system or analog NFM. I to had some trouble programming; but one thing I done was to take detailed notes and tried various steps. If that didn't work try a different procedure. It is a steep learning curve but DO NOT give up!!!! Once you get how the system works it is easy believe me Best regards Bob N9RMA

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
One thing to remember is that in most cases what you are trying to hear is already programmed in the scanner's main database. All you have to do is tell the scanner where you are, by either entering a ZIP code or connecting a GPS, enable the Main Database in the scanner menu, and turn on the Service Types that match what you want to hear.

It is very rare that you will actually need to program anything from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.