Dnt upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdaugherity

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, new user here. My BCD325p2 did a nice job broadcasting my county (cleburne county Al.) For awhile, then they switched to DMR. I sent my radio in for a Dmr upgrade, and county programming. I still cannot hear my county, only neighboring counties. Any chance that I need to just do something simple to hear talkgroup 11656? Thank yu all

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Where did you send your radio? You need to get the DMR key from Uniden before DMR systems can be programmed.

mdaugherity

Premium Subscriber
I understand, however, I cannot hear any traffic on either. I have programmed the p-25 for the talkgroup 11656, and I have sent the scanner for the dmr upgrade, to be able to listen to 159.105, still no traffic. After the dmr upgrade, I hear less now than before. I once was able to hear the school system, county road dept., ems, etc. But now I hear nothing from my county. I understand that my county has a control channel in another county, could this be my problem? Thank you for your input. btw, 159.105 is DMR now.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Bearcat Warehouse screwed something up then. You shouldn't be hearing less if they did the DMR upgrade.

I strongly recommend you learn to program your scanner yourself. Even if the 3rd party is competent (and there's no guarantee of that), having someone else program your scanner is a good way to get frustrated. If you have the ability to post here, you have the ability to learn how to program your scanner yourself. it's a good learning experience, you'll be able to troubleshoot issues yourself, and you will be far happier with your scanner in the long run.

mdaugherity

Premium Subscriber
Thank you WH, like I've said, I heard my counties traffic at one time with my scanner, so frustrating!!!

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Might also check location/range settings, just in case. Could also try ID search if it's currently on ID scan.

Jeff

Grayline

mdaugherity I have the same radio and I just purchased a upgrade antenna that woke my 325 up Ill have to look and see which one. But it was referred to by Mile the man..
Also just passed thru your town yesterday heading to Wedowee.

mdaugherity

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your input Grayline. I can hear surrounding counties so i doubt its an antenna issue. Im still playing around with it but no cleburne county talk yet.

wuping

Feed Provider
Could be that they went with RAS Key. Although not encrypted, It is a proprietary way for Motorola to block access to a repeater. (Info: Restricted Access to System (RAS)). Do a search within the DMR frequency range on your radio. Even if RAS key enabled, you will hear something, but the talk group will not be displayed.

Grayline

Thanks for your input Grayline. I can hear surrounding counties so i doubt its an antenna issue. Im still playing around with it but no cleburne county talk yet.

My Antenna is a Diamond RH77CA its Awesome It will sure Wake it up!!
Is Cleburne DMR?
Try putting Analog in
What software and List are you using?

mdaugherity

Premium Subscriber
Cleburne co so is dmr. Thats the one id like to hear most. Im not sure of any list or software. I programmed my original channels from the alabama first responder network. P-25.I cant hear talkgroup 11656, or frequency 159.105, even after the dmr upgrade.

Grayline

Try Close call for long periods I have found Many close Freqs that are not Published that are DMR
then Just Save them. I updated my own and I get alot from Adjacent Counties..

mdaugherity

Premium Subscriber
I frequently see " finding control channel" but not always. From what I understand my neighboring county, (calhoun) is where my control channel comes from. Once again, that's confusing to me. Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions. I'm still working on it, no cleburne county traffic yet. Mike

wuping

Feed Provider
I frequently see " finding control channel" but not always. From what I understand my neighboring county, (calhoun) is where my control channel comes from. Once again, that's confusing to me. Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions. I'm still working on it, no cleburne county traffic yet. Mike

Try taking the radio outside to see if it locks onto a control channel. Once it locks on, you should be able to listen. Often times my 436HP will not find a control channel in certain parts of the house. You need to find the sweet spot. Also an upgrade to a new 800mhz antenna will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.