Can;t get frequency on my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

flounder39

Premium Subscriber
I have the BCD436HP scanner and I am trying to get a local police department and it shows the frequency and it is list in the database but will not show up on Sennitel software. Yes I did update the database. Still a no go. Secondly, the department just went to a consolidated dispatch center that doesn't appear in the list. Should I wait. I know the new center is updating to starcomm, but now is still using the old department's frequency. Thanks for your help.

troymail

Silent Key
I have the BCD436HP scanner and I am trying to get a local police department and it shows the frequency and it is list in the database but will not show up on Sennitel software. Yes I did update the database. Still a no go.
What is the specific frequency, description, and where in the "database" are you seeing it in? I (don't just want to) assume you mean the Radio Reference database. If it is is listed in the RRDB, there are a couple of reasons why it may not be in the Sentinel database but we need to know what you are looking at first.
Secondly, the department just went to a consolidated dispatch center that doesn't appear in the list. Should I wait. I know the new center is updating to starcomm, but now is still using the old department's frequency. Thanks for your help.
If it isn't in the list, you may need to program it manually. If you find it is in fact active, you'll want to submit it to the database (after verified) to be included the the scanner libraries in the future.

EDIT/add:

Here's what I see for Norridge Police on the RRDB page for Cook County:

Textual information

• Norwood Park Fire Protection District 100's(NOPK)-Self aka Norridge and Harwood Heights- pd on 471.2875-both small towns
  • Police dispatched on 471.2875 146.2 PL (units 500s); also 155.49 146.2 PL Tac
155.49000/155.49 CSQ (Law Dispatch) under Municipalities and Districts->Municipal Police
471.28750/146.2 PL (Law Dispatch) under Municipalities and Districts->Harwood Heights
471.28750/146.2 PL (Deprecated) under Municipalities and Districts->Franklin Park

The first two of these are in the Sentinel library dated 9/17/2017. However, the deprecated entries are apparently ignored and not included in Sentinel.

If you aren't using Location Control (GPS, zip code programming, etc.) you don't care about this next part....

The Municipal Police entry has a 40 mile range in the database. However, the Harwood Heights (471.2875) entry only has a 2 mile range in the database. That is, if you are using location control and depending upon where you are and what range you might use on your radio, this "department" may not be included in the active programming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.