best new scanner availible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeson

Premium Subscriber
i am updating from a bc396xt. i would like to see what is the best available right now. with my bc396xt the p25 always sounds gargled .
thanks for the help!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You are probably experiencing simulcast distortion. The BCD436/536HPs do a little better. I was never able to receive COIRS on my scanners in and around Grove City. I got a Unication G4 and now receive both sites 100% all over central Ohio. Columbus is perfectly clear as well.

lifeson

Premium Subscriber
You are probably experiencing simulcast distortion. The BCD436/536HPs do a little better. I was never able to receive COIRS on my scanners in and around Grove City. I got a Unication G4 and now receive both sites 100% all over central Ohio. Columbus is perfectly clear as well.

Thanks for the reply!
I just saw that G4 for the first time tonight on YouTube. It is really neat. I am mostly interested in coirs too. I live in Hilliard. So I like to listen to Hilliard pd. I like listening to Columbus as well.
I looked the g4 up and I think they were showing vhf and uhf. And one was just vhf. Which one do you use?
Danny
KB8VFA

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
i am updating from a bc396xt. i would like to see what is the best available right now. with my bc396xt the p25 always sounds gargled .

Are you trying to monitor a system that uses encryption? If so, no scanner will work, nor will the Unication receiver.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Are you trying to monitor a system that uses encryption? If so, no scanner will work, nor will the Unication receiver.
He lives in Franklin County very little is encrypted according to the database.And W8RMH answered his questions correctly 12+ plus hours before you posted.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Get a stubby antenna for the 396XT. By making the radio 'deaf' you can overcome simulcast distortion.

Nasby

Get a stubby antenna for the 396XT. By making the radio 'deaf' you can overcome simulcast distortion.

Very good suggestion but the radio systems in and around Columbus are some of the toughest, if not the toughest systems in the state to monitor.

Unication may very well be the only solution.

lifeson

Premium Subscriber

I ended up getting a G5 . I have a question about programing. Did you enter all the frequencies for MARCS system? I only did the primary and control and it says out of range. I was wondering if we are supposed to enter all the frequencies for both coirs and MARCS. Thanks for any info

Status
Not open for further replies.