Trying to monitor Mass SP

Status
Not open for further replies.

impalafarmer

I bought a brand-new BCD996P2, subscribed to RR & downloaded ProScan all with the hopes of receiving Massachusetts state police once again. I'm pretty sure I imported all the correct information, and with some trial & error I managed to figure out how to upload it properly to the scanner. Yet I'm still not hearing any SP activity. I must have at least imported & uploaded the conventional systems properly as I receive on those. They still use a lot of the old VHF & UHF analog frequencies here, I imported & uploaded those properly & they work fine. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

clbsquared

It looks like the state police is using a mixed system. Some parts are a Motorola Type II and other parts are P25 Phase 1 and 2. Both appear to be 800MHz.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

ecps92

A. Where in Mass are you
B. What Zone are you trying to listen to
c. What Talk-Groups are enabled

I bought a brand-new BCD996P2, subscribed to RR & downloaded ProScan all with the hopes of receiving Massachusetts state police once again. I'm pretty sure I imported all the correct information, and with some trial & error I managed to figure out how to upload it properly to the scanner. Yet I'm still not hearing any SP activity. I must have at least imported & uploaded the conventional systems properly as I receive on those. They still use a lot of the old VHF & UHF analog frequencies here, I imported & uploaded those properly & they work fine. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

ecps92

There is also a 700 Overlay in the Metro Boston area
It looks like the state police is using a mixed system. Some parts are a Motorola Type II and other parts are P25 Phase 1 and 2. Both appear to be 800MHz.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

impalafarmer

A. Where in Mass are you
B. What Zone are you trying to listen to
c. What Talk-Groups are enabled

I live in central MA, in Worcester County in a town called Northbridge in the Blackstone River Valley. Last time I had a trunking scanner in 2015 it was a BCT-15 and still received the State Troopers. I programmed it in my lap, if I remember correctly as long as you put the control channels where they belonged it worked great. I thought I only put the frequencies in for the Central Troop but I also heard quite a bit of the melee the night the protesters blocked 93 in Boston. I downloaded everything with ProScan for the 996P2 (I hope) that I needed. I noticed when I tried to upload it to the scanner quite often I'd have to break it down into fewer groups in more systems. I thought I could fit the entire Worcester County download in one system but the program created too many groups of frequencies (over 20) so I had to edit it down to "S Worcester Cty". I think I'll break the SP systems I made down further, maybe that'll do the trick.

ecps92

For Northbridge you need to ensure you have Zone 8 enabled.
Make sure you have all the Control Channels and Alternates for that Zone and you should be back in Operation

I live in central MA, in Worcester County in a town called Northbridge in the Blackstone River Valley. Last time I had a trunking scanner in 2015 it was a BCT-15 and still received the State Troopers. I programmed it in my lap, if I remember correctly as long as you put the control channels where they belonged it worked great. I thought I only put the frequencies in for the Central Troop but I also heard quite a bit of the melee the night the protesters blocked 93 in Boston. I downloaded everything with ProScan for the 996P2 (I hope) that I needed. I noticed when I tried to upload it to the scanner quite often I'd have to break it down into fewer groups in more systems. I thought I could fit the entire Worcester County download in one system but the program created too many groups of frequencies (over 20) so I had to edit it down to "S Worcester Cty". I think I'll break the SP systems I made down further, maybe that'll do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.