Premium RR Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin256

I just upgraded to a premium membership. Can someone tell me the easiest way to use this site to progam a uniden 996p2 from RR

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Program uniden 996p2

You need the appropriate software. Most newer scanners come with software or a free download that connects with the RR database for programming via USB cable. Some scanner models also have third party software from Butel and other sources that do the same thing but have different interfaces. Third party software lets you access the RR database with your RR name and password.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually FreeScan (which is freeware) will be fine to get started, but we're getting way ahead of ourselves...this article from our wiki has links (always in blue) to everything you will need to know to get started. It's a lot - take it in chunks, don't try to do too much at once, as it's easy to get overwhelmed.

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

At the bottom of this document, there are links to the Easier to Read manuals.

Mike

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Freescan can't handle DMR, so if your scanner has been upgraded to receive DMR, you will need to look at other options like ProScan.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Quite true, Jon but seeing that the OT is a newcomer, I would assume that s/he hasn't looked into doing a firmware update yet. As such, and the fact that it's freeware, FreeScan is a reasonable place to get your feet wet

Mike

admin256

Many thanks

Thank you for the many replies. Just still a bit confused. Can someone tell me once I am on the Radio Reference Site, how do I get the frequencies to Freescan. What do I clik on

mciupa

Thank you for the many replies. Just still a bit confused. Can someone tell me once I am on the Radio Reference Site, how do I get the frequencies to Freescan. What do I click on

Try it the other way :)

Go to Freescan first, then import from RadioReference. You will be prompted for your log in information.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I use FreeScan with my 996xt. From the FreeScan dropdown menu: File, import, radioreference conventional or trunked (depending on the system you are interested in monitoring); you will see the Import window appear where you will enter your RR username and password (check "remember me"); click connect, select your country, state, and county; from there, you'll be given choices of systems, sites, or agencies to download to FreeScan; the format will be a bit different between trunking and conventional; once you have made your selections, you can uncheck any entry you are not interested in; when done editing, click on "import". You can always make changes in FreeScan once the download is complete. Don't forget to save the resulting file. Later, you can download other frequencies and agencies of interest, and add it to your created file.

Status
Not open for further replies.