Help me get started Decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotella

Hello,
I have, I hope, successfully tapped my Radio Shack Pro 62 and would like to test it with DSDPlus.
I asked for a 10k ohm resistor which I tapped to the test point and then attached the 2 conductor wire I pulled from a cd drive in an old computer, after the res. at the jack end, I added a cap (the counterman confused me a little when I was trying to tell him 2.2 nf , so I dont know what he gave me, but something small like that I hope, he said it was non-polarized).. with one leg of the cap to wire from res. and then the other leg of cap to the "tip" connection of mini plug. The other conductor was grounded to a shield in scanner and the jack end connected to the barrel/ground part of the 3.5mm jack. I have a stereo cable I think.

I have the Fast Lane new version correctly installed I think, but I don't know what to do to get started.

This is my county's frequency list https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2677

Do I program in control channels or something else?

I also used this https://digitalfrequencysearch.com/Search/P25.php to get a list of P25 freq.'s in my zip 76710.

I entered alot of the ones for Hewitt and Woodway, nearby burbs, but the scanner does't stop on any that I have seen in my time I tested.
Can you guys take a look at those lists and/or offer some advice. please?
I am using a Gateway desktop with 64bit Windows 7. It took me awhile to be able to get sound in the first place.
It didn't work on line-in but I can hear the NOAA guy thru the mic hookup now.
Can't wait to hit it with something digital.
I have been a short wave listener and scanner light weight in the 80's 90's but feel really challenged now, so thanks for anything.

Rotella

Seems nobody is interested, maybe a mod can delete the thread?
I will try to keep my inquiries more concise in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.