settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelayers

what are the best Rssi settings for a whistler ws 1040 im just trying toget a better signal i recently purchased a 800mhz antenna and it helped some but im still only showing one bar

michaelayers

i was looking things up the other day and saw where someone posted that you could go into the scanner and change the Rssi bar threshold to get a better signal so i did i changed them to a the numbers someone hhad posted they were 190,230,260,290,320 and i was just wondering if there were any better

michaelayers

oh ok so i guess ill go back in and set it back to default im just new at this and wasnt sure what i dont understand is that i live in satesville nc and i cant pick up statesville pd and fire but i can pick up iredell county sherriff and fire and ems its crazy cause im right in the middle of the city so i know im in range and ive done all i know to do on win500 do u have any advice

michaelayers

im sorry i wish i could send u a copy of my programming but i forgot to save it when i was on win 500 so i guess that doesnt help you any and u said to check my pm what is that and how do i do that and do u think i should go and change my rssi back to default sorr if this seems to make no sense

michaelayers

hey troy mail ive tried everything i can i cant get the file to open it downloaded on my computer but everytime i click to open it it just shows a plain white screen but i really appreciate you trying to help me

troymail

Silent Key
hey troy mail ive tried everything i can i cant get the file to open it downloaded on my computer but everytime i click to open it it just shows a plain white screen but i really appreciate you trying to help me

If you downloaded the file, you should be able to "right-click" on it and select "Extract All...". This should give you a new folder containing a .p500 file that you can load into Win500.

michaelayers

Hey Troy I had to leave to go out of town so I’m texting u from my phone I went in and extracted it and I couldn’t get it to come up at win500 I will get back with u when I get back and yes I’m definitely gonna need u maybe we can exchange info and talk a different way but I appreciate what you’ve done so far

Status
Not open for further replies.