LAPD Central Bureau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I know nothing about police scanners or radios. I know someone who recently got assigned to LAPD Central Bureau, specifically Rampart Division. I was wondering if there is a scanner set up already to listen to Rampart. I browsed Broadcastify and couldn't find anything.

If there isn't a scanner set up online, I was wondering which is a good scanner to buy to listen in. Is there a special scanner that I would need to buy because I want to listen to police communications?

I do live about 23 miles from the Rampart location. Does this affect if I were to buy a handheld scanner?

The frequencies I want to listen into are here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=201 under Los Angeles City Police.

Thank you for your time.

bailly2

need a p25 scanner. just enter the frequency, dont even need to program in a trunked system. may need an antenna on the roof of your house or car. could also get a software defined radio such as nooelec to use with the laptop and the computer programs sdr# and dsd. a software defined radio is only $20

need a p25 scanner. just enter the frequency, dont even need to program in a trunked system. may need an antenna on the roof of your house or car. could also get a software defined radio such as nooelec to use with the laptop and the computer programs sdr# and dsd. a software defined radio is only $20

So the Nooelec is the hardware that recieves the signal, sdr# is the software and dsd decodes the digital signal? Is that right or am I way off?

Status
Not open for further replies.