Vintage Regency help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy9718

Hello, I have searched but can not find anything on what I am looking for.
I was hoping some one may know of a radio I had back in 1981.
It was available as a UHF or VHF, had 10 programmable channels like the M100 scanner, but you could transmit on it. I used to have instructions on how to jump the main board, then user could program their own freqs.
A police dept I worked with had these for our own use, and I was trying to find out the model if anybody remembers them?
Thanks for your help!
Blake

ecps92

I think you are looking for the
Regency RH-256 / Wilson WH-2516 series
Regency RH-256 Programming
Hello, I have searched but can not find anything on what I am looking for.
I was hoping some one may know of a radio I had back in 1981.
It was available as a UHF or VHF, had 10 programmable channels like the M100 scanner, but you could transmit on it. I used to have instructions on how to jump the main board, then user could program their own freqs.
A police dept I worked with had these for our own use, and I was trying to find out the model if anybody remembers them?
Thanks for your help!
Blake

DJ11DLN

We had some of those in apparatus right up to when the narrow-band mandate put them out to pasture. Chief had one in his pickup too, and I'd almost equate that to an "abuse-until-failure" test situation. Good radios, only ever had one quit on us (the Chief's, LOL) and our repair guy was able to resuscitate it.

Copy9718

They were awesome radios! Wish I had never sold mine though, and could find a nice one some where.
Thanks for your reply!
Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.