Lights Flashing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbhnutts570

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I set flashing lights, different colors for different cities on my TRX-1. They all flash like they are suppose to but they are all the same color. What's up with that?

troymail

Silent Key
Hello, I set flashing lights, different colors for different cities on my TRX-1. They all flash like they are suppose to but they are all the same color. What's up with that?

You have the option on the radio and via EZ Scan to set different colors per object -- best I can tell, EZ Scan requires you to pick a color or the LED remains disabled. Enabling on the radio doesn't seem to require a color be set and the color remains all zeros.

How did you enabled the LED and set your colors?

sbhnutts570

Premium Subscriber
Flashing Lights

Hi,
I set the flashing light on EZ software. Then I copied current config to SD card.They are flashing but I made them different colors for each city. Example all Akron are yellow, all city of Green are orange, all hospitals are red. But on the scanner they flash but they are all green.

Ubbe

I believe the lights are only configurable to talk groups or analog conventional channels, not sites or radio ID.

I asked Whistler a year ago about this and requested the lights to work, as the programming suggests, on other objects than just the TGs but never received a response.

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
I believe the lights are only configurable to talk groups or analog conventional channels, not sites or radio ID.

I asked Whistler a year ago about this and requested the lights to work, as the programming suggests, on other objects than just the TGs but never received a response.

/Ubbe

I believe what is meant is that the talkgroups for certain cities are set to certain colors (not sites).

As far as I know, you can get LED lights for radio IDs (if I recall correctly - I've played with it in the past but don't use it) but you have to enable "Use Radio ID Alarm" on the General Settings tab of EZ Scan (or equiv on the radio itself if that exists). On the other hand, maybe that only applies to audible alerts - I can't recall right now.

As far as the original issue being reported - I've tried setting the LED colors in a similar fashion on my TRX-1 and do get/see different colors from the LED vs. them all showing as green (they are a bit different looking on the radio than they appear on the PC but they are each different). This, in my mind, leaves two (maybe more) possibilities - a hardware problem on the radio or a color blindness issue (but I'd think a person would know if they are color blind).

Note: I'm just talking off the top of my head - not trying to offend anyone re: color blindness

Ubbe

Of course I had the relevant options enabled. I tried all kinds of settings and the light only work for TGs.
It's probably never worked as it is a priority problem if you have both TG and ID lights configured so Whistler probably dumped it but didn't remove the lights and alarms option from other objects than the TG's.

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
Of course I had the relevant options enabled. I tried all kinds of settings and the light only work for TGs.
It's probably never worked as it is a priority problem if you have both TG and ID lights configured so Whistler probably dumped it but didn't remove the lights and alarms option from other objects than the TG's.

/Ubbe

I've just verified and the LED settings do work for radio IDs... of course, you can't do both talkgroup and radio ID LEDs at the same time... (i.e. I think this is what you mean by "priority problem"). It appears the radio ID is prioritized over the talkgroup ID when it comes to the LED.

Right now, I see the talkgroup LED color when/if the radio ID was missed by the scanner or isn't in your programming and the radio ID assigned LED setting when the radio ID is found and matches an entry.

BUT... it now looks like the talkgroup ID LED setting may be getting prioritized over the radio ID LED setting when you have "Set Radio ID" enabled (which makes no sense at all) ... unless you've also enabled both "Show Radio ID" and "tag only"... then you see the label and the LED setting for that label.

However, it seems the audible alerts for radio IDs don't work.

In summary - yes, the LED settings, etc. probably do need some work.

Last edited:

Ubbe

OK, I only have DMR systems that uses TGs but I will try to configure radio id light and alerts again.
Perhaps there have been changes done that have not been publicly announced. Seems like the tag only setting is the secret.
Tanks for the tip troymail.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.