Bendix king repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayshford

Hello radio people!

A long time ago I worked for the forest service and have used/programmed bendix king radios. Now I teach at a middle school and I am trying to help them upgrade from toy walkie talkies for field trips to bendix king. We are a charter school that does a lot of wilderness work and we need proper radios for staying in contact out in the field. A batch of old radios was donated to the school and I have 8 that are programmed and operational (on MURS so no worries there). Six others need various repairs and I am going to do my best, but help is appreciated.

First up is a few of these radios that have lost their transmit buttons. Aside from buying the repair kit is there a way to repair these? Some of the working ones appear to have had a quick and dirty repair job done on their transmit buttons, I am hesitant to open the working ones up to see how it was done though.

Thank you!

PS If any one has old bendix king radios or other murs capable radios they want to donate to a school let me know. We can provide a letter of donation for tax purposes and reimburse shipping costs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.