First Radio Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirusIco

Hello, I got my first Radio GD-77 and I want to mostly just use it for listening to the police scanner in my city. I put the frequency of the police as channel 1 but I don’t hear anything? is there something special I need to do or I am not getting? I even tried a weather one as well and couldn’t hear anything. I think maybe I setup the config wrong? Thank you for your help

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forum! I'm guessing your radio is the Radioddity GD-77? We could provide more help if we knew your location and the public safety agency you're trying to monitor.

DirusIco

Welcome to the forum! I'm guessing your radio is the Radioddity GD-77? We could provide more help if we knew your location and the public safety agency you're trying to monitor.

Hello, I think I figured out the problem... I live in Southern California and it seems like all the police departments have moved over to digital encryption. I ended up getting NOAA weather to work though. Thank you for your help.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Hello, I think I figured out the problem... I live in Southern California and it seems like all the police departments have moved over to digital encryption. I ended up getting NOAA weather to work though. Thank you for your help.

You are probably very well correct. That being said, look under the localities you are interested in, and see if you can find any "conventional" channels in the frequency range of your radio. You will be limited, but there are probably still some channels you will be able to get.

Welcome to scanning!

Status
Not open for further replies.