Handheld Digital Scanner to receive MARC frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTunit31

I am an x-EMT due to a stroke but I want to stay informed of Emergency situations. I need a hendheld digital scanner that can pick up MARC (Multi-Area Radio Communication). I have heard that the BCT15X and the BC125AT are very good scanners BUT I can't find enough information to know if they will handle my needs. Can someone help, please. Suggestions are also welcome.
I'm so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area. I also tried to use the faqs page and it told me it was no longer available.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the club! You may want to post on the Ohio page and give some more information about your county. You can also look things up in the database to see what type of emissions are being used in your area- that will help you track down the correct scanner for your needs.

jasonhouk

I am an x-EMT due to a stroke but I want to stay informed of Emergency situations. I need a hendheld digital scanner that can pick up MARC (Multi-Area Radio Communication). I have heard that the BCT15X and the BC125AT are very good scanners BUT I can't find enough information to know if they will handle my needs. Can someone help, please. Suggestions are also welcome.
I'm so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area. I also tried to use the faqs page and it told me it was no longer available.
Welcome to RR. What part of Ohio and what agencies are you wanting to hear?

Link to Ohio MARCS:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6643

Link to scanners capable of receiving MARCS:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Category:Digital_Scanners

J

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Nasby

Neither of these scanners will receive MARCS.

Please post your location in Ohio.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You will probably want the Bcd436hp. It's more expensive, but it has no trouble handling large digital trunked systems like MARCS.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
A yagi antenna isn't practical for a handheld, at least when being used as a handheld.

The 436 is better than average at handling simulcast, though not perfect. It's cheaper than the Unication, and easier to use as a scanner. I use mine to monitor several simulcast systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.