Which scanner is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

abolyosr2009

I decided to buy an entry-level scanner and I have to choose between
Uniden bc75xt
uniden bc125at
Whistler ws1010 aka radioshack 89

I know all the commercial features of each model....but I just wanted to ask if any one had a grasp on them which one has the best quality regarding material, squelching. range. battery life and overall usability.

thx in advance

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have a 125 and it is a good scanner, but very limited due to the lack of digital ability, as I think you know all of the ones you mentioned are. Not impossible to program by hand, but the software from Butel is a big plus. My biggest complaint is that while you can name the banks in the software, the scanner shows Bank 1, Bank 2, etc while scanning.

abolyosr2009

Thank you very much
I live in a small city in upper Egypt and I think telecomm technologies used by government officials are not advanced in egypt . no trunking not to mention digital comm.

What about battery life in 125at and can you still scan while charging them?

scannersnstuff

The bc125at, is a great scanner. With that being said, any scanner with 2 batteries, is gonna kill battery life.

I had one, and sold it. The only thing that keep's me from getting another one, is no trunking,no digital. A great all around conventional scanner.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
The bc125at, is a great scanner. With that being said, any scanner with 2 batteries, is gonna kill battery life.

I had one, and sold it. The only thing that keep's me from getting another one, is no trunking,no digital. A great all around conventional scanner.

You can power the 125AT using an external USB battery pack, or power from mains.

By all means, the 125AT is the best scanner in that list, and one of the best analog non-trunking handheld scanners ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.