pro 163 issues please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddydragon70

I just bought the pro-163 used. When i turn on the scanner it says " All Channels Locked Out" I cant get it to do anything. Please help. Needless to say there is no manual included.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Your PRO-163 probably has no frequencies programmed in. With an antenna connected to the unit, press the WX button and let it scan for active weather channels to verify it can receive. For a "replacement" manual, go to: Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual. For additional references, see: https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-163. I'd also recommend a suitable programming cable (check ebay) and software (PSREdit300) to enable computer programming and make your life much easier. Also recommended is a RadioReference subscription to enable the downloading of frequencies to your software.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
It has been a while since I've used my PRO-163, but what Bob posted above, that's a great start.

If you put the scanner into scan mode and see the error, what happens if you press the numbers on the keypad? I'm trying to recall what the scanner shows when all of the banks have been turned off. I'm thinking it would be along the lines of the error that you are showing.

Good luck with the new scanner DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.