Uniden Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppypaul

I am in need of some basic help. I have had this scanner for about 10 years and it has worked fine. I moved to Bethel, CT zip 06801 and I find that I have completely forgotten how to operate the Home Patrol. I now need to clear and reinstate new local frequencies but at 82 years of age I am having great difficulty doing so. Does anyone know someone in my area familiar with the Home Patrol that can advise me or give me a detailed instruction on how to do so? I have read the instructions but I cannot get it right.
Thank you very much
Poppypaul

FedFyrGuy

Premium Subscriber
One thing you can do right now is change your location. This link has great instructions on how to do it:

Easier to Read HomePatrol-1/HP-2 Digitall Scanner and Sentinel Manual location

That will get your scanner into the right zip code area. But at some point you should also update the scanner's database.

It might have been awhile since you've updated the database in your HomePatrol.....that will require a computer with internet connection and the appropriate cable.

I'm glad that you still enjoy the hobby, and I hope you are successful in getting your scanner tuned in to the local activity.

JamesO

The Home Patrol database may also need to be updated along with the devices firmware.

When was the last time the scanner was connected to a computer with the Uniden Sentinel program running?

Status
Not open for further replies.