BCD325P2 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

resworthy

System Name: Carroll County
County: Carroll
System Type: Project 25 Phase II
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
Last Updated: August 25, 2015, 11:31 am (Added Talkgroup 10375 Police/Maintenance)

Hi.

I hope someone will be able to help me, over the last few months I purchased a BCD 325 p2 and it was programmed by Uniden and it had its latest firmware update and also the database was from the radio reference so all the information is there, Carroll county fire, Carroll county sheriff, Howard county fire and Howard county police. The problem that I am having is when Carroll county dispatch fire and sheriff office, the communication sounds like they are in water when talking. The Howard county dispatch is ok.

1.the radio has the firmware updated.
2. The radio has the latest database update from radio regency.

Please help if you can. Thanks

Ron
Deputydog

mciupa

That system is an eight site simulcast system. It is a challenge to monitor. Someone may be able to suggest some tweaks to your settings to overcome this issue.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Location, location, location. Are you inside your home, vehicle, outside?

If in your home, try moving around a little. Depending on what metallic objects are nearby it can make a big difference. They will help shield some of the redundant simulcast signals that cause the distortion. I have two metal computer towers to the right of all my scanners by about 1-2 feet. Makes all the difference in the world! Also try minimize your antenna if you're in a strong signal area. The Comet CH-32 Miracle Baby is my favorite.

https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/3938.html

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It depends on the type of encryption. P25 Phase I is typically muted, and ENC will be displayed. But P25 Phase II plays garbled audio, as does most flavors of encrypted DMR.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It depends on the type of encryption. P25 Phase I is typically muted, and ENC will be displayed. But P25 Phase II plays garbled audio, as does most flavors of encrypted DMR.

Interesting, good to know. We don't have Phase II in Michigan yet. Thanks for the info

mwatts3563

I am new to this forum and to using a handheld scanner. I do not know what the different setting on my BCD325P2 mean.

I used radio reference to get all of my codes but the codes I need to input is Hex and Dex codes for the area I live in. What system should I use P25? Conventional?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you don't provide specific info, you will get bad answers. What system?

iceman382

Premium Subscriber
Ron,

I took a look at your system on RadioReference.com and nothing is listed as being encrypted.
However, it doesn't mean that they are not encrypted.

My guess is what you are hearing is P25 encrypted audio.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Underwater sound is pretty normal for digital and is many times due to background noise at the transmitter (the noise messes with the digital encoding and causes the audio to have odd artifacts). Other things can cause it to happen, as well (marginal reception).

Status
Not open for further replies.