Following Capacity+ DMR Systems 'rest' channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacaustin

I have been using a single RTL-SDR for a while with Unitrunker following my local emergency services P25 network. Simple setup.

I have found another system I wanted to listen too. After tuning to one frequency in the system at a time, DSD plus has told me its a capacity plus system, with what looks like 8 channels (I'm assuming that means 4 frequencies with 1 channel per time-slot? I'm not sure if I've misunderstood how that part works.)

After doing a bit of reading, I think I've got my head around the idea of the 'rest' channel and how it works in a capacity plus system as apposed to having a fixed control channel which I'm used to looking for. However, the only way I can work out how to listen to the system is by listening to one frequency and only wearing one ear of my headphones so I only hear the voice on one time-slot. But even then the conversation cuts off half way through (I'm assuming this is where the conversation has moved to another frequency and timeslot, which I can't find quickly enough before it moves again).

Is there a way in Unitrunker, DSD plus or perhaps another program I dont know about, to act like a handset and subscribe to a particular talk group, and as a radio on the system would do, mute the other conversations and follow the rest channel until a particular talk group becomes active?

I have attached a few images of what I'm seeing in DSD plus, and a section of an excel spreadsheet with the frequencies for this site (I don't think all of them are used for the Cap+ system but can't confirm that)

Attachments

• dsdplus_and_sdr#.jpg
    dsdplus_and_sdr#.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 99
  • frequencies.png
    frequencies.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.