EZ Scan manual or ‘An idiots guide to scanning?’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spocky

Hello all,

Newbie here and I have a TRX-1 on the way to Australia to start scanning the local airways. Keen to look at both Aviation and Maritime frequencies and also the available emergency channels in Australia (Police are encrypted so that’s unfortunately a no go).

I can’t seem to find a downloadable (eg pdf) manual for EZ Scan to check all its features. I’d prefer pdf as I use Apple stuff mainly and can read bits during short breaks during the day. I have a PC laptop but generally don’t keep it with me and only use it when I am being evil (j/k), so the online manual is a bit of a pain for me.

Anyone know where I could get a pdf manual for EZ Scan and as an aside, is there a good ‘idiots’ type book to get up to speed with the terms and what they mean and good scanning practices?

Cheers Spocky

troymail

Silent Key
Hello all,

Newbie here and I have a TRX-1 on the way to Australia to start scanning the local airways. Keen to look at both Aviation and Maritime frequencies and also the available emergency channels in Australia (Police are encrypted so that’s unfortunately a no go).

I can’t seem to find a downloadable (eg pdf) manual for EZ Scan to check all its features. I’d prefer pdf as I use Apple stuff mainly and can read bits during short breaks during the day. I have a PC laptop but generally don’t keep it with me and only use it when I am being evil (j/k), so the online manual is a bit of a pain for me.

Anyone know where I could get a pdf manual for EZ Scan and as an aside, is there a good ‘idiots’ type book to get up to speed with the terms and what they mean and good scanning practices?

Cheers Spocky

I believe the only real manual is embedded in the Help section of EZ Scan.

The most accessible manuals - not specific to EZ Scan but they do help understand the radio:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1420/2702/files/TRX-1_Manual_06A16.pdf?14709532190415081729

Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual

The best way to learn is to simply download the EZ Scan software and "play". Use the library imports (doesn't really matter what location data you experiment with) and then explore each tab and panel of the software to see where the data lives and what it looks like.

Spocky

The EZScan software change with each upgrade so it might be asking too much of Whistler to have a pdf version.

/Ubbe

I presume like most computer software companies they have manuals (and they have an online version) so surely they could put this together in a pdf document.

Anyway I'll email them and see what they say.

Cheers Spocky

Status
Not open for further replies.