programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrestal59

manually I cant figure out the software thing either im going to call scanner master Monday ive put in about 150 frequencies cant find them in the scanner when I put them in and hit save it said they were saved and nothing is coming through

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
manually I cant figure out the software thing either im going to call scanner master Monday ive put in about 150 frequencies cant find them in the scanner when I put them in and hit save it said they were saved and nothing is coming through
I would strongly suggest that you try using the software. Programming manually is a valuable skill to possess, but when you are struggling, the use of software offers several advantages.

One of the biggest advantages of software is the ability to see most of the information for a given frequency, trunked system, or talkgroup, all at one time, on screen, That makes it easier to spot and correct simple errors or omissions than trying to spot them by stepping through multiple screens programming manually through the keyboard. Also, if using (or at least having access) to software is that, if you're hitting a dead end, you can upload your programming file by attaching to a post, so that someone else may be able to spot what looks out of place.

Software for your scanner is available from three different authors. Take a look here: Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki
The three programs compatible with the WS1040 are Win500, PSREdit500, and ARC 500. All three have a thirty day free trial period, so you can try them before you have to purchase a license. After the 30 day period, the software will no longer work. But since you are a Premium subscriber, that's plenty of time to download systems and evaluate your software choices. User guides for Win500 and ARC500 are available, and are listed on the page linked above.

I suspect, that although you indicate you loaded a number of frequencies manually, but cannot find them when you try to scan, either they did not save correctly, or are mapped to a scanlist that is not enabled. If you load one of the listed programs, and then 'read' the scanner into the software, you'll have a much better chance of seeing what happened, and what you need to do to correct it. Of course, if nothing else, you could post the file (from uploading the scanner into the software) and let someone else take a look.

billyska

Help please

Hi, i have purchased the proscan app, because i found it way easier than using Sentinel.

i have a BCD536HP Uniden scanner and i am having a little trouble.

i am unsure of a bit of programing, recently i upgraded the scanner too have the DMR, PROVOICE and NXDN.

my problem here where i live which is MONTREAL, QUEBEC, Canada is i want to be able to listen to FIRE, POLICE and the SURETE DU QUEBEC POLICE, For the SQ police it does work fine, however I'm hardly picking up normal police which i know is mostly digital encrypted now, but FIRE is not and I'm having trouble with that. its the FIRE i need.

is there anyway of getting a Favorites file with these three for
LAVAL, QUEBEC
MONTREAL, QUEBEC
MONTEREGIE, QUEBEC

i would really like to be able to listen to FIRE and if possible on this unit you can program color lights, so

police=BLUE
fire= RED
surete du Quebec=GREEN

i have gone hours and hours and no success.. and i feel bummed out about paying 180$ for the upgrades and still nothing.

i am willing to pay for the services as long as someone can do this for me. i really appreciate the help.

Billy Skarpas

514-632-2120 or email. billyska@gmail.com
This sounds more like scanner questions. The folks on Radioreference.com are guru's on this stuff.
I would check with them.

I'm more of a ProScan guy so may not be as much help. I would check that the service type in the scanner has Fire types enabled.

Show quoted text

Status
Not open for further replies.