Band Plan 1 (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watson-Watt

I have just bought a Uniden UBC92XLT.
The manual refers to settings for Band Plan 1, Band Plan 2 and Band Plan 3.
I presume these are different settings for different geographical areas.
I am in the UK - so should I use Band Plan 1?
This is how it came when I bought it and so I assume it's the default for the UK.
And I presume that it's also the setting for Europe as a whole.
Thanks in advance and apologies for being dim.
W-W

Watson-Watt

Well, answering (partially) my own question ... it seems that for the UK one needs Band Plan 3.

But I'd be grateful for some supplementary info: are these "Band Plans" geographical? I suppose that the Uniden is aimed for the US market and so Band Plan 1 (the default) is the Band Plan for the USA. Can someone pse tell me whether Band Plan 1 is appropriate for the whole of Western Europe. And where would you use Band Plan 2.

Thanks in advance.

W-W

Watson-Watt

Further to my previous post about the Band Plans: as I say, I've been told that for the UK we should opt for Band Plan 3. However, in the manual for the Uniden UBC92XLT, the 2m Amateur Band is shown as 144.000 - 145.9875 and this in the table for the Band Plan 2 setting. These frequencies are what I remember for 2m in the UK.

On the other hand, the manual shows the 2m band in Band Plan 3 as 158.000 - 173.9950. These frequencies are totally alien to me and make me think that Band Plan 3 cannot be correct for the UK.

It is strange that such basic information about the choice of Band Plan is not included in the Uniden manual

Thanks in advance for info.

W-W

questnz

Unidens with UBC/UBCDxxx etc are marketed for UK/AUS/NZ market, therefore they come with different ROM firmware and different Band Plan than US market Unidens mark BCxxx/BCDxxx. Usually you can set/choose your band plan when you turn on scanner first time. Read the manual, this is actually stated on very first pages of the manual. If you dont have programmed many frequencies you can RESET scanner and start again. This link dont mention plan 3 ? It tell you how to switch band plan.
As already advice check UK band plan on UK forum or here

https://ukradioscanning.com/ Good luck

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/184965/Uniden-Ubc92xlt.html?page=8#manual

Watson-Watt

OK ... thanks for the various links.
I'll first look and then perhaps post where you suggest.
The handbook does indeed explain how to change the Band Plan but nowhere does it explain which Band Plans should be selected and why! As I say, I presume this is a geographical thing but there is nothing in the book about this. I've heard of IARU Band Plans for amateur radio. Are the Uniden Band Plans based on these?
W-W

Watson-Watt

Well, for the possible interest of all concerned, it seems that Band Plan 2 is the one for the UK. This figures with my understanding of the 2m amateur band. I've reset my scanner to Band Plan 2.
W-W

Status
Not open for further replies.