KANCOM, In Illinois with BCT8 scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCT8 Uniden scanner with Butel ARC8 software.

In Kankakee they use Kancom trunking. I have downloaded and then uploaded to my scanner.

But i am not getting Bradley or Bourbonnais police.

It is not a antenna issue.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are you getting "something" (as in fire, EMS etc.), or absolutely nothing?

If absolutely nothing, you might try entering all the frequencies for the site, not just those listed as control channels. Its possible they could be using something identified as a voice channel for control channel purposes.

I noticed this is a simulcast system. It's my belief that older model scanner don't deal with simulcast systems too well - they seem to improve with each model. You might try taking the scanner to within 1/4 mile of transmitter/site and see if you receive something. If you do, that pretty much confirms simulcast distortion situation at your home.

And, unfortunately, just throwing out possibilities even the far-fetched ones, they might have encrypted their comms, but database hasn't been updated.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I live in Joliet and I hear them, there are 4 possible CC, 856,857,858,and 859.7625 and they rotate....

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
I am getting some local agencies. I think you are correct it is a old scanner. My new BCD325 works just fine. the the same 4 primaries described by Ronin.

Thanks guys for confirming my suspicions.

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
Got the issue fixed and plan on giving the BCT8 to my dad for fathers day.

New issue my new BCD996 is picking up Dist 6, Will and Pontiac digital stuff.
But the Askum Dist 21 channels are not working. Is there a specail antenna required for "P2"

Thanks guys

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
Ronin,
Are you getting IL state Dist 21. I just bought a new BCD996P2, and i get Pontiac Dist 6 and Will Co.
But no Ashkum, Dist 21.

It may be a antenna issue. I live in Aroma Park.
What brand and model antenna do you use.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I use a RS 25-1.3 ground plane out side and one in the attic....I use LMR400 coax....I hear D21 on T113 here in my area, I was hearing them on T125-Grundy also but that tower has been revised to T113 also....I also have the 996P2 and it receives Phase II very well from Grundy county new system....Wonder where you purchased it and in the "settings" what is the firmware it came with.....I would like to purchase a possible second one....

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
Hey Bud.
Is your name Ron ? My name is Ron.Thanks for responding.
It is now working. I went out in my garage where my cheap discone antenna is and cleaned each metal arm with alcohol. I know that's a reach, but know i hear D21 just fine . Happy happy.
I got mine through Amazon. Best price and no shipping charge. Downloaded latest firmware.1.07.09.
And i use ARCXT Pro software. Again, thanks for reaching out.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The BCT8 and the 996 do not do P25 Phase II. It's not an antenna problem. The scanner is not compatible. You need a 996P2, 436, or 536 for Phase II, and for simulcast Phase II the SDS100 is the best choice.

coynerl

Premium Subscriber
Jon,
I do have the 996P2. Got everything working. Sorry for the confusion.
Not very good at posting and new threads.

Thanks for reaching out.

Status
Not open for further replies.