Greetings from NE Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

isuhunter

Hi everyone

I’m in the market for a scanner. I was all set to buy a Trunk Tracker III but then a friend who is a local volunteer fire fighter cautioned me that the county was switching to digital radios.

I’d like something that I can keep in my pickup, in the tractor, and take on road trips. Can you guys point me a good direction to start learning and radios I should be looking at. I started some googling (which led me here) and was blown away by all the different options.

N8IAA

Hi everyone

I’m in the market for a scanner. I was all set to buy a Trunk Tracker III but then a friend who is a local volunteer fire fighter cautioned me that the county was switching to digital radios.

I’d like something that I can keep in my pickup, in the tractor, and take on road trips. Can you guys point me a good direction to start learning and radios I should be looking at. I started some googling (which led me here) and was blown away by all the different options.

I would suggest looking at the RR database for your county. I think that might help you make up your mind. Suggestion, anything with a TE means encrypted all the time. Anything with a Te means occasional encryption.
Also, SARA is a Phase II P-25 system. No inexpensive scanners for monitoring.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.