BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazarm1

I have downloaded frequencies from RR. The scanner screen shows "Scan Mode Nothing To Scan. I dont know what to do next to start scanning. Any help would be appreciated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have downloaded frequencies from RR. The scanner screen shows "Scan Mode Nothing To Scan. I dont know what to do next to start scanning. Any help would be appreciated.
Also see the comments on this Wiki page:
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Nothing_to_Scan

Which software did you use for importing your frequencies? FreeSCAN, ARC-XT, or ProScan?

Also, one common omission when importing systems is to only import the talkgroups desired from a trunked system, overlooking choosing the correct sites as well.

If, after double checking what was imported, and verifying that your systems are enabled (not locked out), you still have not solved the issue, them perhaps you should post a copy of your programming file. That way, someone can take a look for any omissions and errors.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just took a look at your county, Hardeman, in the database.

It appears that most of the public safety agencies in the county are conventional frequencies, not on a trunked system.

However, I also see a listing for a DMR system for the Sheriffs Office. There are no talkgroups listed for that system as yet, so no indication as to whether it is in use yet.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Welcome are you trying to setup the new Hardeman County DMR system?
I was there 3 weeks ago and it was not in use yet.
You Should have bought a 536 and added NXDN and listened to Fayette County SO.
Did you assign any quick keys?
Did you get the right version Freescan as only one version will do DMR.

kmi8dy

dmr

buddrousa
ive been using freescan for several years now, and it has never supported dmr. and when you mentioned that it is supporting dmr now, i must be missing something. what version is that?

Last edited:

wtp

for buddrousa

I just took a look at your county, Hardeman, in the database.

It appears that most of the public safety agencies in the county are conventional frequencies, not on a trunked system.

However, I also see a listing for a DMR system for the Sheriffs Office. There are no talkgroups listed for that system as yet, so no indication as to whether it is in use yet.

i was going by the "most of the public safety agencies in the county are conventional frequencies"
that had been posted.
i would not call it an error on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.